Join us at the Buell Children's Museum for our Christmas exhibit!
Starting November 8th through December 31st, we will lead patrons through the mechanics of setting up their own shots (using their phones) to create a storyboard. By learning how to execute and take the various shots (establishing, long shot, mid shot, and close up), they will be able to take home their own picture book. The idea is that the patrons will email their pictures to our desk email so that we can print them. They will then head upstairs to Artrageous (the art room on the second floor) to paste the pictures in a pre-made booklet. They can then decorate it to their heart's desire and take it home with them.
We will also feature the following:
- Dramatic play elements include a hot cocoa stand and an ice-skating lodge where children can check out a pair of "skates."
- An indoor frozen lake where children can safely glide to holiday tunes while staying safe and warm.
- The Animation Station, where patrons can learn about the advancements that changed Christmas movie animation. This station will also feature a 3D Snoopy and Woodstock!
- Oodles of holiday crafts inspired by the movies. We are also bringing back our annual Santa letter-writing station, where children can send letters directly to the North Pole via our golden mailbox.
- A Grinch-ified Book Nook where children can get cozy while enjoying Christmas books and games.